Sum-Up from Friday
Berger faults the critic for mystifying the relationship between Hals, his subjects, and us.
Defining a writer’s project: Three moves
- Describe in your own words what the writer is trying to do or achieve
- Identify some keywords
- Point to some important examples
Fastwrite: Working backwards to define Berger’s project in Essay 1
- Example: Hals
- Keywords: Mystification, plus past and reproduction
- Project: Describe, using the above
Continuing on: Defining Berger’s project in Essay 2
- Stephen M
- Morgann S
- Ryan B
New deadline for p1: Thurs, 2/20, 10:00 am
- Wed, 2/19, class: Bring a print copy of your draft-in-progress of p1.
- Thurs, 2/20, 10:00 am: Post p1 to your Dropbox folder.