E2d2, conferences, and e2d3
Writing Studio: Editing
Trade drafts with your editing partner. As editor, check to make sure that these technical requirements have been met:
- There is at least one image that has clearly been altered.
- All images have captions.
- All quotations have page citations (35).
- There is a list of references.
Put a √ by features that are present, a ? by those that seem missing.
Check the list of references carefully to make sure that each item has
- “Short Title” and Long Title
- Place and publisher (for books). Or journal number and pages (for articles). Or URL (for web texts).
Again, put a √ by features that are present, a ? by those that seem missing.
Check the design elements of the text to make sure that
- The body of the text is in a serif font, and the paratext (title, subheads, running head) is sans serif.
- The first page begins with Name, Date, Assignment, and Title (not in the running head).
- The list of references is introduced with a subhead, uses hanging indents, and is alphabetized correctly.
Put a √ by features that are present, a ? by those that seem missing. Sign your name; the author will want to thank you in her or his acknowledgments.
- Tues, 4/29, 10:00 am: Post e2d2 to your individual Dropbox folder.
- Wed, 4/30, Thurs, 5/01, or Fri, 5/02: Bring an annotated printout of your e2d2 to your conference with me.