Defining a writer’s project
- What is the writer trying to do
- Examples from the text
For example: Berger and Hals
- Ways of Seeing (1972), video, Episode 1, min 22–26
- Ways of Seeing (1972), book, pp. 11–16
Fastwrite: “That is mystification.” What does Berger mean by this? In your own words, explain how (according to Berger) the critic “mystifies” our response to Hals’ paintings.
p1: Defining Berger’s project
- Mon, 2/17, 1:00 pm: Read Essay 3 of Ways of Seeing (pp. 45–64). In a brief paragraph, define Berger’s project in this essay. Email me that paragraph, and also bring a print copy with you to class.
- Tues, 2/18, 4:00 pm: Post p1 to Dropbox.